Wish you could see your company’s logo or company colors on the Saleseforce1 Mobile App? Now you can!
Spring ’14 introduced branding for the Salesforce1 mobile app. It took me 2 minutes to update Alternative Technology Solution’s Salesforce1 mobile app to Alternative green and change the publisher act (+) icon to Alternative’s iQ (Configure, Price, Quote solution) robot. Check out the video I created to see how I did it.
Here are the answers to some questions you may have about branding the application.
What can be branded with Salesforce1?
- Brand Color – user interface
- Loading Page Color – background color of loading page
- Loading Page Logo – image that is used on the landing page
- Publisher Icon – image used for the publisher icon
What can’t be branded on Salesforce1?
- Salesforce1 app icon
- Initial loading screen
Can I create a complete custom branding for Salesforce1?
- Unfortunately no; Salesforce1 is closed-source therefore you cannot modify and recompile it.
- That said, you do have the option to build a hybrid/native app from Salesforce. Alternative Technology Solutions is currently in the process of scoping this type of project for a customer.
What else is new in Spring ’14 for Salesforce1?
- The app is now compatible with all Windows and Blackberry mobile browsers
- You now have the ability to view up to 200 list views (vs. only 4 previously)
For a three-minute overview of how you can quickly and easily update your Salesforce1 app’s branding, take a look at the quick video I posted last week on YouTube.
If you’re new to Salesforce1 and want to learn more about its capabilities and how to set it up, check out the introduction to Salesforce1 video.